|Time to Backup" is a suite of programs that allow to schedule
backup of InterBase/Firebird database on your database servers. Besides
database backup it can run specified stored procedure or SQL script
at specified day and time. The key features of Time to Backup are:
- Multi platform - server part is available for Windows and Linux.
- E-mail notification on errors.
- Compression of the backup files.
- Backup file testing via performing test restore.
- Validation of the database before doing backup. Database can also be
shut down before doing backup.
- Automatic filename generation based on date, time, day of week,
event name and incremental number.
On the windows platform Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows
2003 are supported. Windows 95, 98 and Millenium are not supported because
they do not support services.
On all platforms InterBase or Firebird client must be installed. Sinse
Sevices API is available from InterBase 6.0 Time to Backup cannot be
used with earlier versions of InterBase. Any version of Firebird is
supported. Classic build of Firebird 1.0 is not supported
because it does not support Services API.
Time to Backup consists of two main parts - server service and
management application. On Windows platform server part is running as a
system service. On Linux it is a simple daemon and that can be run by any
user. Management tool work on Windows platform only.